At Beechwood Shopping Centre we believe that all customers should experience equal enjoyment. And that’s why we offer a full range of disabled facilities, including:
- - An easy access disabled toilet on the ground floor of the centre
- - Automatic doors throughout the centre
- - Passenger lifts to upper levels
- - A shopmobility unit
- - One of the revolutionary Changing Places toilets
Get mobile with shopmobility
Run by Cheltenham Borough Council, shopmobility makes life easier for disabled and elderly shoppers by giving them the option of getting round the centre by powered wheelchairs/scooters or manual wheelchairs.
Charges for this service are £20.62 per annum or £6.91 per day, unless you’re VAT exempt, and then the charges are £17.75 per annum or £5.95 per day.
Shopmobility is easily accessible by car via Albion Street and is available in Centre car park on Level 1a & 2a.
Please note that equipment is only available after completion of a registration form.
Making lives easier with Changing Places
We’ll soon be one of the first establishments in the UK to implement a Changing Places toilet.
Changing Places is first and foremost a more user-friendly toilet for people with disabilities. But it is also part of a wider campaign to better meet the toilet needs of disabled people and their carers. A Changing Places toilet must not only be easier to use, but it must also provide more dignity for the user; and more space for their carers.
So what does our changing places toilet include?
- - A height adjustable, adult-sized changing bench
- - An electronic tracking hoist system, for easy lifting
- - There’s enough space in the changing area for a disabled person and up to two carers
- - The toilet is placed centrally, with room either side for carers
- - A screen is included to give the disabled person and their carer some privacy
A safer, cleaner environment
- - A wide tear-off paper roll to cover the bench
- - A large waste bin for disposable pads
- - A non-slip floor to prevent accidents
Only toilets that meet Changing Places’ exacting standards will be registered as a Changing Places toilet. At Beechwood we intend to meet those standards.
Please do get in touch if you’d like to find out more about our Changing Places toilet, or if you’d like to know how you can install one in your own establishment.
1. A height adjustable changing bench
2. A tracking hoist system, or mobile hoist if this is not possible
3. There should be adequate space
4. A centrally placed toilet with room either side for the carers
5. A screen or curtain
6. Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
7. A large waste bin for disposable pads
8. A non-slip floor